27 Jun How to Best Use Geofencing for Local Brand Awareness
Geofencing is a marketing technology that allows businesses to target potential customers based on their location. This can be a very effective way to build local brand awareness, as it allows you to reach people who are already in your area.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to best use geofencing for local brand awareness. We will cover topics such as:
- What is geofencing?
- How does geofencing work?
- How to create a geofencing campaign
- Best practices for geofencing for local brand awareness
What is Geofencing?
Geofencing is a marketing technology that allows businesses to target potential customers based on their location. This is done by creating a virtual boundary around a specific area, and then sending notifications or messages to people who enter or exit that area.
For example, a car dealership could create a geofencing campaign around its dealership. When people enter or exit the geofence, they would receive a notification with information about the dealership, such as its hours of operation, its latest specials, or its location on a map.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing works by using GPS or Wi-Fi to track the location of mobile devices. When a device enters or exits a geofence, the geofencing platform will send a notification or message to the device.
The geofencing platform will also track the number of times a device enters or exits the geofence, as well as the length of time the device spends in the geofence. This information can be used to measure the effectiveness of the geofencing campaign.
How to Create a Geofencing Campaign
To create a geofencing campaign, you will need to:
- Choose a geofencing platform. There are a number of different geofencing platforms available, so you will need to choose one that meets your needs.
- Create a geofence. The geofence should be around the area where you want to target potential customers.
- Create a notification or message. The notification or message should contain information about your business, such as your hours of operation, your latest specials, or your location on a map.
- Set a budget. Geofencing campaigns can be expensive, so you will need to set a budget before you start.
Best Practices for Geofencing for Local Brand Awareness
Here are some best practices for geofencing for local brand awareness:
- Make sure your geofence is accurate. The geofence should be as accurate as possible, so that you are only targeting potential customers who are actually in your area.
- Use a clear and concise notification or message. The notification or message should be clear and concise, so that people understand what it is about and why they should care.
- Track your results. You should track the results of your geofencing campaign, so that you can see how effective it is.
- Use geofencing in conjunction with other marketing channels. Geofencing can be a very effective way to build local brand awareness, but it is most effective when used in conjunction with other marketing channels, such as social media, email marketing, and search engine optimization.
Geofencing is a powerful marketing tool that can be used to build local brand awareness. By following the best practices in this blog post, you can create a geofencing campaign that will help you reach more potential customers and grow your business.
I hope this blog post has given you some ideas for using geofencing for your local business. If you would like Local Dealer to help with your digital marketing, contact us today to speak to a representative.